Zimbabwe Platinum Mines (Pvt) Limited (ZIMPLATS) is the largest platinum group metals producer in Zimbabwe. It owns and operates Ngezi Underground Mines, Ngezi Concentrator and the Selous Metallurgical Complex (SMC).
The position will be part of the dynamic team based at SMC Base Metal Refinery (BMR) reporting to the Operations Engineer.
REFERENCE NUMBER – PRJTS20230105
DATE OF DISTRIBUTION – 13 January 2023
CLOSING DATE – 19 January 2023
DEPARTMENT AND LOCATION – Technical and Projects Management (Base Metal Refinery)
JOB TITLE – Section Engineer
JOB GRADING – D2
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- A minimum of 3 years post learnership experience in a mining/heavy industrial environment,
- Experience in the maintenance of conveyers, mills, pressure vessels, autoclave systems, centrifugal solution pumps, hydraulic installations, boiler plants, and agitator units,
- Knowledge of projects and IS055000 asset management systems, 00 • Possession of a Mine Engineer’s Diploma is an added advantage.
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal, planning, and problem-solving skills,
- Ability to operate in an environment with competing priorities and capability / experience in handling of multifaceted teams,
- A good, comprehensive, and in-depth understanding and approach to hazard identification and risk assessment systems,
- Knowledge of and experience with common hazards and risks typical within a chemical plant environment,
- Good understanding of project management principles.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To set and enforce minimum standards/parameters to ensure zero harm to employees and the environment by meeting legal and SHEQ regulations,
- To ensure equipment maintenance and reliability management in order to meet production targets,
- Effective project delivery to enable future growth and attainment of production targets,
- Implement effective engineering and cost management processes,
- Lead an engineering team and ensure effective people management methodologies are implemented to attract, retain, and develop staff for optimal performance,
- Implement contingency plans to reduce production losses,
- Cultivate an innovative environment where continuous improvement drives front-end optimisation of production processes.
Written applications from persons meeting the above criteria together with a detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of qualifications should be sent by 19 January 2023 to:
The Senior Human Resources Officer – Administration
Zimbabwe Platinum Mines (Private) Limited
P.O. Box 61
NB: Shortlisted candidates may be subjected to psychometric or other assessments – Zimplats reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you do not hear from the Human Resources Department within 30 days after the closing date of applications, please consider your application as having been unsuccessful.